Easy Fall Girls' Night Out


Every month the ladies in my small group have a girls' night out. I was responsible for planning the September night, which happened to be the day after the fall equinox. I decided to host a dinner/craft/movie night in celebration of everything fall.



I didn't have enough formal dinnerware for the party, so I stopped by Ikea & picked up some of their 89 cent white plates & bowls & used some iced tea glasses we got for our wedding. The only cloth napkins I own are the ones seen here. I think the black & white buffalo/gingham print is perfect to use year round (pair them with red for Christmas & hot pink during the spring & summer).


Since I was purchasing all the food & supplies for the gathering, I decided to keep the table decor very cheap. I kept the centerpieces that are always on the table & just added a couple of mini pumpkins to be festive.


I wanted to make my friends feel extra special for the evening, so I put a "favor" at each place setting. I filled a clear goody bag with brown shredded paper & a $1 fall scented candle & tied the bag closed with some twine.


For dinner I served a simple dinner of white chicken chili (in the crock pot) along with salad & bread. Dessert was a mix of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin muffins, & caramel apples.


 After dinner we sat around the island snacking on dessert & used watercolors to make some fall art. I created two different prints for the ladies to paint (the other was a pumpkin). I'm not sure anyone actually used theirs as decor, but if nothing else, it was a fun, relaxing activity.


We finished off the evening watching the movie You've Got Mail (since it makes a reference about fall!).

Overall, I think the evening was a success! I just hope my friends feel the same way!


2 comments:

  1. Wendy, this is such a fun idea! I had no idea those white dishes at Ikea are 89 cents. What a great buy! I agree with you that the buffalo check napkins are perfect year round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. However, if you want to get the maximum fun from the hen parties, you need to be a little careful about the complete arrangement of the party. Many a times, people throw these parties in a hurry and do not get the best of the time they spend for the party. Therefore, their entire goes in vain. Renew A Relationship

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...